Al's Towing has a long and respected history in southern California. The business was established in 1947 by Alton Youngstrand after he returned home from serving in World War II. Based at the corner of Grand and Juniper street in Escondido, Al started an Atlantic Richfield (ARCO) service station along with a towing company to service the Auto Club (AAA) as well as his local clientel. After many years Al decided to concentrate his efforts on the Towing side of the business as he decided to close down the Arco Station. The business moved to its current location in 1967. Al ran the business until 1998 when at the age of 81 he decided it was time to retire.
The new owner, Mr. Park, set about transforming the company into a full service towing and roadside service company. Today, Al's fleet of eight trucks has the ability to transport anything from a motorcycle on up to a tractor trailer. Al's clients include the Escondido Police Department, the California Highway Patrol, the San Diego Sheriffs Department, Repair shops, Autobody shops, large fleets, apartment complexes, and individuals needing towing services. Al's has thrived on a philosophy of hiring the best, providing ongoing training, using the latest equipment